Some important things to know for this school year...
Harding is a meal distribution site. Students and/or parents and guardians can pick up one box per student on FRIDAYS between 9am and 2pm.
Students will report to their advisory class at 8:01am and will be finished at 3:05pm. Each day, students will have face-to-face learning and independent activity time with each of their teachers.
Fridays until the end of October are half days for face-to-face instruction. They will be finished with face-to-face instruction at 12:05pm but will have independent work to complete in the afternoon.
Having access to Parent Portal will be essential for this school year. If you do not have access to parent portal, please sign up by visiting THIS WEB PAGE. Parent Portal allows you to stay up to date on your student’s attendance and grades. Updating your information in the Parent Portal ensures that you are receiving important school information.
Chromebook News and Updates
Starting the week of August 17, three Technology Support Centers will be open 5 days/week for families to obtain new Chromebooks, or get help with theirs.
- Still need to pick up a Chromebook? You can pick one up at one of the Parent & Family Technology Support Centers listed below.
- If you need help getting started or getting familiar with your Chromebook, see the list of helpful How-To documents in the Resources section at the bottom of the page HERE.
- If your District-issued Chromebook computer is in need of repair or service, you can drop it off at one of the Parent & Family Technology Support Centers listed below.
- Starting the week of August 17, three Technology Support Centers will be open 5 days/week for families to obtain new Chromebooks, or get help with theirs. The hours will be 9am – 2pm.
- South Philadelphia High School 2101 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Fitzpatrick Annex Building (rear of Fitzpatrick Elementary School) 4101 Chalfont Drive, Philadelphia PA
- Martin Luther King High School 6100 Stenton Avenue; Philadelphia, PA
The district is also now offering a dedicated telephone support line (215-400-4444) and email (FamilyTechSupport@philasd.org) exclusively for parents and students to help you get your District-issued devices up and running, and to address more basic technical issues with broken or malfunctioning computers.
Information about no-cost or low-cost internet access is available HERE.