Community Resources for Families
Coronavirus Updates in Philadelphia
Sign up for Philadelphia’s Office of Emergency Management updates on COVID-19 by texting “COVIDPHL” to 888-777
Paying Bills & Accessing Essential Services (e.g., internet, utilities, housing)
- Internet: Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here for more details.
- Gas/Electric: How to get help paying utilities. Click here for more details.
- Water: Problems paying the water bill. Click here for more details.
- Mortgage: In case of financial hardship or missed payments. Click here for more details.
- Student Loans: Deferment guidance on federal student loans. Click here for more details.
- Rent Support: Have you lost income because of COVID-19? Are you having trouble paying your rent? The City of Philadelphia might be able to help. Philadelphia is launching a COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program. It aims to help people who have lost income because of COVID-19 pay their rent. It makes payments directly to your landlord. Click here for more details.
- Independence Chip Coverage. Find more information here and here.
- If your children need health insurance, either because they never had it or because your benefits have changed during the COVID crisis, our partners at PCCY can help you apply. Check it out here.
- Free food resources in Philadelphia – HERE
- Food pantries in the Philadelphia region – HERE
- Philadelphia’s food distribution sites – HERE
Local Community Development Nonprofits
- Frankford CDC – This organization is committed to building on the assets of the Frankford community by providing increased job opportunities, building affordable homes, and supporting the development of increased financial resources through growing stable businesses.
- Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association – This organization focuses on developing a comprehensive local learning community, supporting families, and increasing economic and community development and serves folks in 19124, 19111, and 19149.