Resources for COVID19 Shutdown
Distance Learning Support
- BrainPop is providing free access to all students during this time. Please click on the link to request free access.
- Many museums are offering free virtual tours and lessons. Check out our local museums virtually with your family; Philadelphia Museum of Art, Academy of Natural Sciences, the Penn Museum, and more!
Coronavirus Updates for Non-English Readers
Includes fact sheets, infographics, sample communication documents, etc.
Provides information about the virus, how people can protect themselves and what to do if someone thinks they have contracted the coronavirus
Coronavirus Updates in Philadelphia
Sign up for Philadelphia’s Office of Emergency Management updates on COVID-19 by texting “COVIDPHL” to 888-777
Support for Talking with Children About the Coronavirus
- Advice from the experts at the Child Mind Institute –Talking To Kids About The Coronavirus
- Resource for Parents from the National Association of School Psychologists –Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource (Available in Spanish)
- The Anxiety and Depression Association of America has created a COVID-19 resource – COVID-19 Resource page. And if someone is in crisis, text CRISIS to 741741 to be connected to a trained crisis counselor for free, confidential support 24/7.
- How to help teens cope with coronavirus-related anxiety – 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
Paying Bills & Accessing Essential Services (e.g., internet, utilities, housing)
- Internet: Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here for more details.
- Gas/Electric: How to get help paying utilities. Click here for more details.
- Water: Problems paying the water bill. Click here for more details.
- Mortgage: In case of financial hardship or missed payments. Click here for more details.
- Student Loans: Deferment guidance on federal student loans. Click here for more details.
- Rent Support: Have you lost income because of COVID-19? Are you having trouble paying your rent? The City of Philadelphia might be able to help. Philadelphia is launching a COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program. It aims to help people who have lost income because of COVID-19 pay their rent. It makes payments directly to your landlord. Click here for more details.